We Can Make A Difference Together
Community Care Network of Nichols (CCNN), through our team of dedicated volunteers and staff, have accomplished quite a bit over the last year. Here are some of our highlights:
- Friendly Visits: Approximately 350 visits provided annually byCCNN volunteers and staff
- Reassuring Phone Calls: approximately 75 phone visits are provided annually by CCNN volunteers and staff.
- Information & Referral Services: (area Human Service Agencies) CCNN staff provide approximately 150 referrals annually.
- Transportation (Medical, Pharmacy, Grocery, DSS) CCNN volunteers provided an average of 165 one-way trips monthly for a grand total of over 25,710 miles of service in 2017, helping their neighbors in need.
- Holiday Share-a-thon: Collecting gifts for area 175 youth, food bags for 60 area families, along with providing approximately 65 senior citizens with plates of cookies.
- Nichols Flag Day: Honoring the American Flag and our veterans. In 2017, over 500 youth participated in our annual event, through writing essays, poems, and other projects. From those submissions, CCNN volunteers identify 25 – 30 to be recognized on Flag Day.
- Make A Difference Day: Starting in 2017, CCNN partnered with the Tioga Central School District Community Service Club. Each month teens and the High School Principal would perform small but necessary tasks to help the elderly population in the Towns of Tioga and Nichols. These tasks ranged from yardwork to small home repairs.
- Community Quarterly Newsletter: Each quarter (Jan., Apr., July, and Oct) CCNN produces over 2300 copies of our newsletter to area residents and business. This newsletter features upcoming community events and articles from Tioga County human service agencies and community groups. Our goal is to help keep our residents informed.
Fall 2018, CCNN has set its sights on expanding it “services” to the communities of Waverly and Owego; establishing volunteer satellites within each of these communities – through Neighbors Helping Neighbors.
How Can You Help....
Community Care Network of Nichols (CCNN) and your neighbors need your financial support. We invite YOU to join the CCNN team by supporting its mission of “neighbors helping neighbors” with your dollars and/or as a trained volunteer.
CommunityCare Network of Nichols (CCNN) has been a valued asset in your community since 1999. We now are asking for your help so that we can continue to provide needed services for our community. As you may know, acquiring funding for a not-for-profit is extremely challenging.
One of the best parts of living in a rural community is that we can count on each other to help get through challenging times. You may not need our services at the present time, but we want to be there for you and your loved ones when you do.
Once again we invite you to join the team and we thank you.
Community Care Network of Nichols (CCNN) is an equal opportunity employer and service provider and does not discriminate on the basis of race, relgion, gender, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, or sexual preference or any other unlawful basis.